Avista, a utility company, is appealing to its customers in Washington and Idaho to conserve natural gas for the next 24 hours due to a mechanical issue with a natural gas provider. The pipeline supplier’s problem is affecting Avista’s ability to provide natural gas to homes and businesses in its service area. The local gas system remains safe and was not damaged by the equipment issue, according to Avista.
- Mechanical Issue Impact: Avista is grappling with a mechanical issue at a natural gas provider, impacting its capacity to supply natural gas to customers in Washington and Idaho.
- Conservation Request: Customers are requested to conserve natural gas for the next 24 hours. Avista acknowledges the challenge this poses, especially during extreme cold temperatures, and asks for patience as the supplier works to resolve the issue promptly.
- Safety Assurance: Avista assures customers that the local gas system remains safe and was unaffected by the third party’s equipment problem. The company is actively working to maintain natural gas system operations.
- Updates and Communication: Avista commits to releasing updates on the situation by Saturday morning. The utility company emphasizes its dedication to mitigating the impact on customers and expresses gratitude for their patience.
- Customer Support: Customers requiring additional support due to the cold weather are encouraged to call 211 or visit www.wa211.org or www.211.idaho.gov.
Heather Rosentrater, Avista President and Chief Operating Officer, stated, “Our gas transmission suppliers are working diligently to resolve this issue,” and assured customers that the company is working tirelessly to minimize the impact on its customers.
Avista acknowledges the inconvenience caused by this situation, especially considering the harsh weather conditions, and appreciates the understanding and cooperation of its customers during this challenging period.